Harris Healthcare Consulting, LLC
Partnering with practices to identify
and achieve their goals
Interim or Fractional Leadership
Facilitating growth through times of transition by providing expert leadership, project management and collaborative communication
Providing expert feedback and coaching for identifying and implementing
operational improvement opportunities
Strategic Planning Sessions
Helping you clarify your vision and
create an action
mini and full-length
Leadership Development and Coaching
Working one on one and with teams to identify development and growth opportunities
Providing actionable feedback and accountability
Partnering with practices to identify and achieve their goals
I am passionate about independent medical practices and enjoy partnering with them to see them succeed. After more than 25 years of honing my skills within large and small organizations, I started my own consulting practice in July 2020 where I collaborate with practitioners and practice leaders by providing business and operational expertise. I started my healthcare management career in 1992, received my BS degree in Human Development in 1999 and achieved my MGMA/ACMPE certification in 2008 and my FACMPE certification in 2013.
Types of projects I provide:
• Interim Practice Administration – In addition to managing day-to-day clinic operations I focus on developing project plans to ease the transition and help orient new leaders to the immediate and long-term needs of the practice.
• Fractional Practice Administration – Many smaller practices can benefit from the expertise of a seasoned leader but don’t need to carry the expense of a full-time employee. I provide targeted expertise in shorter amounts of time and at a lower annual expense.
• Recruiting – My experience teaching and mentoring leaders combined with my continued networking in several healthcare communities gives me a unique perspective in finding the right candidates for clinic positions.
• Credentialing – My attention to detail and timeliness allows me to complete these projects as quickly, correctly and efficiently as possible.
• Payer Contracting and Renegotiations – My relationships with payer representatives and current exposure to multiple plans enables me to achieve the best contract rates available on behalf of practices throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• EMR Optimization – I have worked with Athena Health implementation and optimization projects since 2011 and have additional Epic and Centricity experience. I enjoy helping practices optimize existing systems and add complementary applications to improve the patient and caregiver experiences.
• Operations Assessments – I have created custom tools that leverage my unique experience and knowledge of diverse clinical specialties to identify opportunities for improvement and to set measurable goals.
• Leadership Development and Coaching – I am passionate about helping leaders develop their skills and enjoy working with individuals and teams to improve relationships and develop practice culture.
• Custom virtual and in-person educational events – I create unique educational webinars and events, targeted to address current challenges with training and support in practices today.
• Strategic Planning – I facilitate customized planning meetings to help practice leaders hone their focus and create operational plans with achievable goals.
“Lauren Harris is amazing! She is very knowledgeable, versatile, and easy to work with. Her professional experience and advice can help launch your business and career into the next level. My favorite quality Lauren has is that she cares so deeply about personal and professional development that she goes above and beyond.”
Holli Kivett, Manager of Operations at Northwest Women’s Clinic, PC
"This is the first time we have utilized a professional consultant for our hiring process and universally we all feel it was outstanding. We so appreciate your professionalism, concern for our best interests, bringing us top notch candidates, thoroughness, and particularly in our situation a very rapid turnaround!"
Jeff Ernst, MD, Owner, Richmond Pediatrics