Harris Healthcare Consulting, LLC
Partnering with practices to identify
and achieve their goals
Interim or Fractional Leadership
Facilitating growth through times of transition by providing expert leadership, project management and collaborative communication
Providing expert feedback and coaching for identifying and implementing
operational improvement opportunities
Strategic Planning Sessions
Helping you clarify your vision and
create an action
mini and full-length
Leadership Development and Coaching
Working one on one and with teams to identify development and growth opportunities
Providing actionable feedback and accountability
Custom Virtual and In-Person Training Events
Developing and presenting engaging events and programs tailored to your practice's needs
Creating a fun and safe space to learn, grow and practice real-life skills
Partnering with practices to identify and achieve their goals
I am passionate about independent medical practices and enjoy partnering with them to help them identify and achieve their goals to maximize their success. After more than 25 years of honing my leadership and medical practice operational skills with various specialties in large and small organizations, I started my own consulting practice in July 2020 where I collaborate with practitioners and practice leaders by providing business and operational expertise. I started my healthcare career in 1992, received my BS degree in 1999, and achieved my ACMPE certification in 2008 and my FACMPE certification from MGMA in 2013.
Types of projects I provide:
• Interim Practice Administration – In addition to managing day-to-day clinic operations I focus on developing project plans to ease the transition and help orient new leaders to the immediate and long-term needs of the practice.
• Fractional Practice Administration – Many smaller practices can benefit from the expertise of a seasoned leader but don’t need to carry the expense of a full-time employee. I provide targeted expertise in shorter amounts of time and at a lower annual expense.
• Recruiting – My experience teaching and mentoring leaders combined with my continued networking in several healthcare communities gives me a unique perspective in finding the right candidates for clinic positions.
• Credentialing – My attention to detail and timeliness allows me to complete these projects as quickly, correctly and efficiently as possible.
• Payer Contracting and Renegotiations – My relationships with payer representatives and current exposure to multiple plans enables me to achieve the best contract rates available on behalf of practices throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• EMR Optimization – I have worked with athenahealth implementation and optimization projects since 2011 and have additional Epic and Centricity experience. I enjoy helping practices optimize existing systems and add complementary applications to improve the patient and caregiver experiences.
• Operations Assessments – I have created custom tools that leverage my unique experience and knowledge of diverse clinical specialties to identify opportunities for improvement and to set measurable goals.
• Leadership Development and Coaching – I am passionate about helping leaders develop their skills and enjoy working with individuals and teams to improve relationships and develop practice culture.
• Strategic Planning – I facilitate customized planning meetings to help healthcare leaders hone their focus and create operational plans with achievable goals.
My other interests include being a co-founder of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Assembly of the Wandering Shepherd. We are an organization that believes all living creatures are imbued with aspects of the divine; as such our mission is to promote the human-animal bond by teaching animal guardians the skills they need to support health & wellness, and to reduce pain & suffering in all creation.
You can learn more about us here: www.assemblyofthewanderingshepherd.org
"Lauren facilitated a Vision Planning Meeting for the OTAO Board Members. Her skillset far surpassed our expectations. Timely, Thoughtful, Prepared, Visionary, Intuitive, and Motivating are all traits Lauren possessed throughout the preparation, delivery, and follow-up. Just being able to say out loud “this isn’t working” gave us permission to DO THINGS! Working with Lauren has grounded our organization and provided a foundation that will catapult us into our future successes."
Lori Taylor, OTR/L, MBA - President, Occupational Therapy Assocation of Oregon
"I REALLY enjoyed your class. I stayed entertained and learned so much!"
Haley Mansur, MBA - East Portland & Gresham CHO Practice Manager
Attendee - Breakout Session at Pacific Northwest Medical Management Conference
"We worked with Lauren on a post-pandemic practice assessment. Lauren performed interviews with key staff members and did independent market research to assure that we had accurate and relevant information that our practice could apply and use immediately. Lauren's work was timely and useful. We are happy that we invested in her services and will use her again if future need arises."
Cyndy Borja, MT - Practice Administrator, Puyallup Dermatology Clinic
"I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Harris HealthCare Consulting. We reached out to Lauren when we were in urgent need of assistance on a credentialing project. We were opening a new practice after working for many years with another practice. Lauren was there from beginning to end, and she is amazing. She is very knowledgeable. She not only helped us with our credentialing, but she also helped us with recruiting an amazing new NP. She was always in communication with us.
She gets my highest recommendation!!
Diana Reid - Practice Administrator, Know Allergy, LLC
“Lauren Harris is amazing! She is very knowledgeable, versatile, and easy to work with. Her professional experience and advice can help launch your business and career into the next level. My favorite quality Lauren has is that she cares so deeply about personal and professional development that she goes above and beyond.”
Holli Kivett, MHA - Manager of Operations at Northwest Women’s Clinic, PC
"This is the first time we have utilized a professional consultant for our hiring process and universally we all feel it was outstanding. We so appreciate your professionalism, concern for our best interests, bringing us top notch candidates, thoroughness, and particularly in our situation a very rapid turnaround!"
Jeff Ernst, MD - Owner, Richmond Pediatrics, Shoreline,WA