Partnering with practices to identify and achieve their goals
I am passionate about independent medical practices and enjoy partnering with them to see them succeed. After more than 20 years of honing my skills within large and small organizations, I started my own consulting practice in July 2020 where I collaborate with practitioners and practice leaders by providing business and operational expertise. I started my healthcare management career in 1992, received my BS degree in 1999 and achieved my MGMA/ACMPE certification in 2008 and my FACMPE certification in 2013.
Types of projects I provide:
• Interim Practice Administration – In addition to managing day-to-day clinic operations I focus on developing project plans to ease the transition and help orient new leaders to the immediate and long-term needs of the practice.
• Fractional Practice Administration – Many smaller practices can benefit from the expertise of a seasoned leader but don’t need to carry the expense of a full-time employee. I provide targeted expertise in shorter amounts of time and at a lower annual expense.
• Recruiting – My experience teaching and mentoring leaders combined with my continued networking in several healthcare communities gives me a unique perspective in finding the right candidates for clinic positions.
• Credentialing – My attention to detail and project management focus allows me to complete these projects as quickly, correctly and efficiently as possible.
• Payer Contracting and Renegotiations – My relationships with payer representatives and current exposure to multiple plans enables me to achieve the best contract rates available on behalf of practices throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• EMR Optimization – I have worked with Athena Health implementation and optimization projects since 2011 and have additional Epic and Centricity experience. I enjoy helping practices optimize existing systems and add complementary applications to improve the patient and caregiver experiences.
• Operations Assessments – I have created custom tools that leverage my unique experience and knowledge of diverse clinical specialties to identify opportunities for improvement and to set measurable goals.
• Leadership Development and Coaching – I am passionate about helping leaders develop their skills and enjoy working with individuals and teams to improve relationships and develop practice culture.
• Strategic Planning – I facilitate customized planning meetings to help practice leaders hone their focus and create operational plans with achievable goals.