Partnering with practices to identify and achieve their goals
I am passionate about independent medical practices and enjoy partnering with them to see them succeed. After more than 25 years of honing my leadership and medical practice operational skills with various specialties in large and small organizations, I started my own consulting practice in July 2020 where I collaborate with practitioners and practice leaders by providing business and operational expertise. I started my healthcare career in 1992, received my BS degree in 1999, and achieved my ACMPE certification in 2008 and my FACMPE certification from MGMA in 2013.
Types of projects I provide:
• Interim Practice Administration – In addition to managing day-to-day clinic operations I focus on developing project plans to ease the transition and help orient new leaders to the immediate and long-term needs of the practice.
• Fractional Practice Administration – Many smaller practices can benefit from the expertise of a seasoned leader but don’t need to carry the expense of a full-time employee. I provide targeted expertise in shorter amounts of time and at a lower annual expense.
• Recruiting – My experience teaching and mentoring leaders combined with my continued networking in several healthcare communities gives me a unique perspective in finding the right candidates for clinic positions.
• Credentialing – My attention to detail and timeliness allows me to complete these projects as quickly, correctly and efficiently as possible.
• Payer Contracting and Renegotiations – My relationships with payer representatives and current exposure to multiple plans enables me to achieve the best contract rates available on behalf of practices throughout the Pacific Northwest.
• EMR Optimization – I have worked with athenahealth implementation and optimization projects since 2011 and have additional Epic and Centricity experience. I enjoy helping practices optimize existing systems and add complementary applications to improve the patient and caregiver experiences.
• Operations Assessments – I have created custom tools that leverage my unique experience and knowledge of diverse clinical specialties to identify opportunities for improvement and to set measurable goals.
• Leadership Development and Coaching – I am passionate about helping leaders develop their skills and enjoy working with individuals and teams to improve relationships and develop practice culture.
• Strategic Planning – I facilitate customized planning meetings to help healthcare leaders hone their focus and create operational plans with achievable goals.
My other interests include being a co-founder of the 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Assembly of the Wandering Shepherd. We are an organization that believes all living creatures are imbued with aspects of the divine; as such our mission is to promote the human-animal bond by teaching animal guardians the skills they need to support health & wellness, and to reduce pain & suffering in all creation.
You can learn more about us here: www.assemblyofthewanderingshepherd.org